There’s nothing quite as stressful as the passing of a Loved One. It creates emotional turmoil and a lot of ‘stuff’ that needs attending to after they’ve gone.
There’s a lot of ‘stuff’ you’ll need to know to help fill out all the forms that come with a passing. I knew most things, but when push came to shove on some information needed for the death certificate I went blank.
You’re going to need to know things like:
– where your Loved One was born
– if they weren’t born in Australia How and When they arrived
– their usual occupation
– where your parents got married
– if they identify as indigenous/Torres Straight Islander
– their parents full names and occupations.
If you don’t know these things already, do yourself a favour and ask some questions while your Loved One can help you with answers.
From personal experience I can tell you it’s rather awkward having to call estranged family members for the details you need.